Saturday, September 5, 2015

Ohio Fun

Besides it being what feels like a million degrees (yes, over exaggeration), this has been a pretty fun week. Yesterday I went on a field trip with my Daughter's 4th grade class. We went to the Fair at New Boston. It was a really fun time, but as the first sentence says, it was H O T! No breeze to help. Very sunny. Most kids only had 1 drink and some of it was a milk from the cafeteria. Milk? On a field trip? I guess I shouldn't complain since it was something, but still. Luckily there was a free water tent, so we could all hydrate a little.

Today Hubby was supposed to work, but found out at 6:30 he had the day off instead. So we decided to take the Girls apple picking. None of us had ever been before, so we had no idea what to expect. The place we found is pretty great! They even had homemade pies that are delicious. We got SO many apples that I need to find some recipes so the Girls and I can start baking.

On our way home, we stumbled upon a car show. Wow, what a nice time (except for that darned heat)! I think the Girls even enjoyed it too. Since we were pretty much overheated though from all of the time we spent outdoors, we decided to not stay long and head home. But not before stopping by my favorite produce stand. Got some peaches, watermelon, cantaloupe, green beans, corn on the cob and cucumbers. We will eat like Kings for days.

And how is your Holiday weekend going?

No comments:

Post a Comment