Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

It's not a "happy" day. It's not to honor those serving or that have served in our military. That's called Veteran's Day. Memorial Day is to honor those that have died in the line of service. See, nothing "happy" about it!

We didn't have a cookout today. We didn't "celebrate" by sitting around drinking. We spent the day on the farm that my Hubby works at. We almost saw a calf being born, but it was stillborn. I didn't feel that my young Girls would or should witness that. Merely for the reason that it was just not something I found necessary. Brionna did say that the calf was like her little Nephew, Mack, that wasn't born alive either. So sad to me how she refers to so much in life about him. She's always thinking about him. She should be having great memories of little Mack. Walking. Talking. Pooping and peeing on his Mommy. But we will never get to witness any happy memories of him. Breaks my heart..

When we got ready to leave, we went to check out the wood pile of old barn wood. I am slowly collecting some. One day I plan on making something. Just not sure what yet. Hubby found a bird's nest. I peeked inside and there were 2 little babies!! Didn't even have feathers yet. Mama wasn't very happy, but we never tried to touch them, only looked and took a picture. They're American Robin Red Breasts:

Cute right?     









No comments:

Post a Comment