Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Clutter. Clutter. And more Clutter.

Oh my goodness. I don't think you realize just how much clutter you accumulate in life. Especially if you have lived in the same place for any length of time. I have been in the same house for over 20 years and let me tell you, deciding to move isn't very fun for me right now. My Husband moved to Ohio in October 2014, so this entire packing, donating, taking care of Kids and running this house has been alone. Not complaining, it's just the way the cookie crumbled this time.

I tried selling some of our excess online, but people want something for nothing. If that's the case (which it seemed to be a trend for me), I figured it's just easier to load everything up and donate it to Goodwill. I know, some people have issues with that place, but I have to think about convenience and my sanity (or what's left of it) too.

Honestly I think hoarding runs in my family. Not like the tv show, but just feeling the need to keep "stuff"! I had a china hutch full of items that were my Moms and both my Grandmothers that have all passed. I swear, if I thought it would bring them back or give me another moment to see them, I would keep every single thing. But it won't. I don't know any history on any of the stuff. I asked my Kids what they wanted out of the hutch. If anything. I was left with more then they took. There's your sign right there.

So now I am off again to start decluttering some more before getting kids from school. I am finding it's easier to get rid of stuff before deciding what to keep. I think I might be doing it the backwards way. Hey, this is definitely a learning experience for me. I welcome ideas and suggestions if you have any .

No comments:

Post a Comment