Saturday, January 31, 2015

Doing Something Right?

If you're a parent, do you ever wonder like I do if I do anything right with my parenting skills? I've already had 2 of my kids tell me that I suck at it! What a horrible Mother I am and have been. Breaks the old heart since I have always put them first (and for the record, I have never been arrested, not even a speeding ticket. I don't do drugs. Rarely drink. Don't steal. Try to live a life that the Lord would like..etc.) But, it is what it is and all I can do is continue on and do what I feel is best.

Have I made mistakes. You bet your sweet behind I have. I am human after all. But, my kids have and always will come first ahead of myself. Period

Today I was checking out the sale flyer from the Kroger I will be shopping at once I get to Ohio. Yes, I am mildly obsessed with the grocery store. Not sure why, but I am! My 8 year old had to come over to the computer and check it out as well. She was getting all excited and going on and on about the cheaper prices than what we have in Florida. We got to the Doritos that are on sale for 2/$5.00. Here they're $4.39 for 1 bag, so that's a super great deal in my book. Apparently in her book as well. She stated, "Oh yeah, I'll be living the dream!"

Sometimes, it's the little things in life that set you back on track I guess. She's also accompanied me on shopping trips that we have discussed getting better deals, etc. If all of this helps her when she gets older to be more aware of what things cost, I will be a happy camper. What this has to do with the older kids telling me how crappy I am, I don't know really. I suppose only time will tell...




No comments:

Post a Comment