Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday the 13th

Is it a superstitious day for you? Do bad things happen to you on this day? Car won't start? Stubbed your toe? Messed up at work? At home? Fight with the S.O.? Well, you get the idea? To some, there just couldn't be a worse day!

I am on the other end of the spectrum. You see, I was born on Friday the 13th. March 13th to be exact. Has my life been "wonderful"? It wouldn't be "life" if it hasn't had ups and downs now would it? Has my luck been any worse than the next person? Maybe. But you know what? Not everyone is the same. Some have it better. Some have it worse. But life really is what you make of it.

I cringe when I see people complaining about Friday the 13th. I just want to shake them and tell them to stop being SO silly! It's a day just like any other day. It's a Friday just like any other Friday.

Would you like to know one of the best memories I have of a Friday the 13th? I gave birth to my oldest Son on a Friday the 13th! September 1985 to be exact. One of the best 13ths of my life! He's grown into such a handsome, sweet, smart, wonderful, etc., etc., etc. young man, and I am so very proud of him. He's a great Son, Husband and Father to me, his Wife and their awesome little man, River.

Since there is such negativity on the 13th, my Son and his now Wife even decided to get married on a Friday the 13th. On the beach. It was such a beautiful ceremony. So glad I got to be a part of their love for one another.

So the next time you want to think of this day as being bad, think of me and smile. Know that there are good things that really do come of this day.

Now, go out there and enjoy this day! Be kind. Love one another. Make a difference to just 1 person. You can thank me later!


No comments:

Post a Comment